Thompson’s point, Part Time Banquet Captain
Thompson’s Point is located in the picturesque, Portland, Maine. It is a transportive place like nothing else you’ve ever seen or experienced. Alive with kinetic, creative energy, Thompson’s Point will is an iconic symbol of what we all know about living in Maine: with creativity, vision, and independent spirit anything is possible. The event venues; Brick South, The Depot and Halo are all outstanding options for social gatherings, corporate events, tradeshows, festivals, educational conferences, marketplaces and more! Not only is Thompsons Point a great place to gather, it is an even better place to work and further your hospitality career.
Thompson’s Point is looking for a part time banquet captain. This person would be responsible for day-of event tasks in addition to various general maintenance duties, making flexibility and reliability of extreme importance.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Facilitating load in and load out of events at Brick South, Halo at The Point and the Depot, as scheduled
- Oversee beverage program including inventory and ordering
- Oversee concessions as needed including inventory and ordering
- Oversee scheduling for beverage staff for day-of event execution
- Assist vendors and clients with day-of needs as they arise
- Supervision of equipment used during an event
- Supervision and custodial duties during events, to include trash removal, floor and restroom care
- General rounds of building and parking lot area
- Interact with clients and guests in a respectful and polite manner
- Follows company policy and adheres to safety regulations
- Special projects and duties to be assigned on an as needed basis
Thompson’s Point employees are held accountable to four core values. These values will set the baseline standards for individual job performance, as it relates to the essential functions and competencies of the position.
- Excellence in work – Demonstrates commitment to performing work at the highest standards.
- Embraces innovation- Embraces change and demonstrates dedication to continuous improvement to drive business results.
- Exceeds customer expectations – Demonstrates the highest possible customer service (both internal and external).
- Collaborates as a team member – Recognizes that all departments contribute to the goals of the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Attention to detail and pro-active team player
- Creative approach to meeting and exceeding client expectations
Education and experience:
- Associates degree in project management, hospitality, tourism or business (preferred)
- Previous beverage management experience (preferred)
- Previous event/venue experience (preferred)
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change during employment and as the business needs change.
Northern Hospitality defines the regular, part-time associates as working less than an average of 30 hours per week. Regular part-time associated as subject to the Company policies and procedures and are eligible to receive those benefits the Company offers to its regular part-time associates.
It is the associate’s responsibility to communicate availability and scheduling requests with management. The Management Company understands that special circumstances may apply, and each situation will be reviewed on a case by case basis.